30HR Yin Yoga Teacher Training
“Silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation.” Rumi
Thursday 26th – Sunday 29th March 2020 – 30hr YTT (almost fully booked)
Thursday 8th – Sunday 11th October 2020 – 30hr YTT
The Yoga Collective, Lichfield
The course will run around the Spring equinox, when the days start to get longer, nature blossoms and we can attune our energy with this grounding, awakening, transformational time.
Yin is becoming increasingly popular in the yoga world. We are currently over-dominant in Yang (dynamic/strong) asana practice and practitioners are beginning to realise the need for its complementary Yin (restorative/gentle) practice with all the benefits it has to offer.
The Gem Yoga Yin training course will cover the breakdown of Yin asanas, how to plan Yin classes, anatomy, understanding of fascia and its relationship to the Chinese medicine meridian system.
About your tutor:
Gemma Williams has been teaching yoga since 2008. She has travelled extensively to learn from different yoga backgrounds. She is registered with the Yoga Alliance, is an experienced advanced teacher (E-RYT 500) and a Yoga Alliance continuing education provider (YACEP). Gemma’s approach to teaching is fun, compassionate and inspiring. She will guide and support you through your individual yoga journey and take you deeper into the practice.
Certification and Accreditation:
- Yoga Alliance registered teachers will receive 30 CPD hours Yin Yoga Teacher Training
- Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a Yoga Alliance registered certificate from Gem Yoga
- Deepen your own personal asana practice
- History of Yin yoga
- Learn the fundamental Yin postures, modifications and their contra-indications
- The use of props to maximise comfort and relaxation of muscles and facia
- Planning and teaching a variety of Yin flows
- Understanding the body’s facia
- Myofascial release techniques
- Introduction to the Chinese meridian system
- How to lesson plan a Yin yoga class focusing on different meridians
- Restorative poses, breathing, mindfulness and relaxation
- Stress and the nervous system
- Shoulder and hip anatomy
- The body’s energetical chakra system and its relationship to our physical, emotional and mental bodies
- Guidance for Yin practice and teaching
200HR yoga teacher training or equivalent
L3 YMCA awards fitness qualification – yoga
*If you are not a yoga teacher, but still want to come along for the experience, you can. However, you will not receive a certificate.
Upper floor, 3 Quonians Lane, Lichfield, WS13 7LB
For more info contact Gemma: email@example.com
For bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates: Thursday 26th March – Sunday 29th March
9am – 6pm each day
Investment: £550 (early bird price £495 if booked before 31st January 2020)
"I’ve just completed my Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Gemma and enjoyed the course so much. Gemma is a book of knowledge and a lovely person. She’s very good at teaching in a way that is accessible to everyone. Highly recommended!"
Kristal Jacovides, Brighton
“I recently completed Gemma’s amazing Yin Yoga Teacher Training. Gemma is truly inspirational, a great teacher who really personalises her training and explains things incredibly clearly. I learned so much more than Yin yoga."
Sam Goddard, Hove
“During the Gem Yoga retreat I learnt about joint stability in arm balancing poses and the benefits of Yin. I loved the feeling of a daily yoga practice; it has helped open my upper back and the muscles next to my spine from the Yin."
Dorothea Manolopoulos, London
Join the Gem Yoga Tribe!
Sign up today and receive a FREE chakra balancing meditation.