30HR Yin Yoga Teacher Training
“Silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation.” Rumi
Thursday 8th – Sunday 11th July 2021
Thursday 5th – Sunday 8th August 2021
Luna and Wolf Studio, Exeter, Devon
Yin is becoming increasingly popular in the yoga world. We are currently over-dominant in Yang (dynamic/strong) asana practice and practitioners are beginning to realise the need for its complementary Yin (restorative/gentle) practice with all the benefits it has to offer.
The Gem Yoga Yin training course will cover the breakdown of Yin asanas, how to plan Yin classes, anatomy, understanding of fascia and its relationship to the Chinese medicine meridian system.
About your tutor:
Gemma Williams has been teaching yoga since 2008. She has travelled extensively to learn from different yoga backgrounds. She is registered with the Yoga Alliance, is an experienced advanced teacher (E-RYT 500) and a Yoga Alliance continuing education provider (YACEP). Gemma’s approach to teaching is fun, compassionate and inspiring. She will guide and support you through your individual yoga journey and take you deeper into the practice.
Certification and Accreditation:
- Yoga Alliance registered teachers will receive 30 CPD hours Yin Yoga Teacher Training
- Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a Yoga Alliance registered certificate from Gem Yoga
Assistant tutor Sam Goddard:
Sam is a dedicated yogi and has been practicing yoga since 2006. Sam is trained in hot yoga, vinyasa, aerial yoga and yin yoga. Sam strongly believes yoga is for everybody and is truly grateful to teach these different styles of yoga and help others get the benefit of yoga and change their lives for the better.
Gem Yoga is honoured to have Sam as part of the team. Sam is a very knowledgeable yogi and has taught and practiced extensively for years.
- Deepen your own personal asana practice
- History of Yin yoga
- Learn the fundamental Yin postures, modifications and their contra-indications
- The use of props to maximise comfort and relaxation of muscles and facia
- Planning and teaching a variety of Yin flows
- Understanding the body’s facia
- Myofascial release techniques
- Introduction to the Chinese meridian system
- How to lesson plan a Yin yoga class focusing on different meridians
- Restorative poses, breathing, mindfulness and relaxation
- Stress and the nervous system
- Shoulder and hip anatomy
- The body’s energetical chakra system and its relationship to our physical, emotional and mental bodies
- Guidance for Yin practice and teaching
200HR yoga teacher training or equivalent
L3 YMCA awards fitness qualification – yoga
*If you are not a yoga teacher, but still want to come along for the experience, you can. However, you will not receive a certificate.
The Dutch Barn, Dawlish Road, Exeter, EX2 8XW
Thursday – 9am – 4.30pm
Friday – 9am – 4.30pm
Saturday – 9am – 4.30pm
Sunday – 9am – 4.30pm
"I’ve just completed my Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Gemma and enjoyed the course so much. Gemma is a book of knowledge and a lovely person. She’s very good at teaching in a way that is accessible to everyone. Highly recommended!"
Kristal Jacovides, Brighton
“I recently completed Gemma’s amazing Yin Yoga Teacher Training. Gemma is truly inspirational, a great teacher who really personalises her training and explains things incredibly clearly. I learned so much more than Yin yoga."
Sam Goddard, Hove
“During the Gem Yoga retreat I learnt about joint stability in arm balancing poses and the benefits of Yin. I loved the feeling of a daily yoga practice; it has helped open my upper back and the muscles next to my spine from the Yin."
Dorothea Manolopoulos, London
Join the Gem Yoga Tribe! Sign up today to receive your FREE chakra balancing meditation from Gem Yoga: