50HR Yin Yoga Teacher Training
“Silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation.” Rumi
50HR Yin Yoga Teacher Training – Buckland Abbey, Devon
23rd – 27th October 2024 (Currently part of the 300hr Yoga Teacher Training course)
Yin Yoga is becoming increasingly popular. We are currently living in an over-dominant Yang (dynamic/strong) world and our currrent western asana practices reflect this. Practitioners are beginning to realise the need for its complementary Yin (restorative/gentle) practice with all the benefits it has to offer.
The Gem Yoga Yin Yoga training course will cover the breakdown of Yin asanas, how to plan affective, safe and appropriate Yin classes, functional anatomy, understanding of fascia, the Energetic body including the chakra system, introduction to the Chinese medicine meridian system and how we hold trauma in the body. Take your yoga practice, teaching ability and inner exploration to the next level. Time for you to dive deep into your inner being with long Yin practices and yogic philosophy studies.
The five day Yin Yoga Teacher Training will be held at The Cider House at Buckland Abbey, tucked away in the 700 acre National Trust Estate on the fringes of Dartmoor, Devon. Take time to explore beautiful country walks on your breaks, and maybe a dip in the river!
The course has space for ten students. You will learn in a relaxed, fun, inspiring environment and be fully supported from the beginning to the end of your journey, and beyond.
About your tutor:
Gemma Williams has been teaching yoga since 2011, and practicing since 2001. She has travelled extensively to learn from different yoga backgrounds. She is registered with the Yoga Alliance, is an experienced advanced teacher (E-RYT 500) and a Yoga Alliance continuing education provider (YACEP). Gemma’s approach to teaching is fun, inspiring, compassionate and supportive. She will guide and support you through your individual yoga journey and take you deeper into the practice. Gemma also has a background in a range of massage therapies, personal training and is a reiki master.
Certification and Accreditation:
- Yoga Alliance registered teachers will receive 50 CPD hours Yin Yoga Teacher Training
- Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a Yoga Alliance registered certificate from Gem Yoga
- History of Yin Yoga
- Deepen your own personal Yin asana practice
- Meditation and Pranayama
- Learn the fundamental Yin postures, modifications and their contra-indications
- The use of props
- Planning and teaching a variety of Yin flows
- Lesson planning safe, appropriate and effective classes
- Yoga Philosophy and The Energy system
- The body’s energetical chakra system and its relationship to our physical, emotional and mental bodies
- Introduction to Traditional Chinese Medicine Philosophy
- Introduction to the Chinese Meridian system
- How to lesson plan a Yin yoga class focusing on different meridians
- Understanding the body’s facia system
- Myofascial release techniques
- Understanding trauma and emotions held in the body
- Restorative poses, mindfulness and relaxation
- Stress and the nervous system
- Understanding Vagal Nerve Tone
- Shoulder and hip functional anatomy
- Guidance for Yin practice and teaching
200HR yoga teacher training with acredited body or equivalent
Yoga L3 YMCA Awards Fitness Qualification
*If you are not a yoga teacher, but still want to come along for the experience, you can. However, you will not receive a certificate.
Cider House, Buckland Abbey, Yelverton, PL20 6EZ
Wednesday – 9am – 6pm
Thursday – 9am – 6pm
Friday – 9am – 6pm
Saturday – 9am – 6pm
Sunday – 9am – 6pm
Investment: Now part of the 300 hour YTT
"I’ve just completed my Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Gemma and enjoyed the course so much. Gemma is a book of knowledge and a lovely person. She’s very good at teaching in a way that is accessible to everyone. Highly recommended!"
Kristal Jacovides, Brighton
“I recently completed Gemma’s amazing Yin Yoga Teacher Training. Gemma is truly inspirational, a great teacher who really personalises her training and explains things incredibly clearly. I learned so much more than Yin yoga."
Sam Goddard, Hove
“During the Gem Yoga retreat I learnt about joint stability in arm balancing poses and the benefits of Yin. I loved the feeling of a daily yoga practice; it has helped open my upper back and the muscles next to my spine from the Yin."
Dorothea Manolopoulos, London
Join the Gem Yoga Tribe! Sign up today to receive your FREE chakra balancing meditation from Gem Yoga: