Raw Chocolate Balls
200g oats/ground almonds
2 table spoons raw coco powder (or coco powder)
100g desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon almond essence (optional)
1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
(Extra desiccated coconut to roll balls in)
- Soak dates for 2-4 hours.
- Drain and keep water in a separate cup.
- Put dates in a big bowl and add all other ingredients and blend with a hand blender. Make sure you have a thick consistency, if the mixture is too runny you can add oats to bulk it up, if it’s too thick, add some of the date water back. (You can also use the rest of the date water to put in smoothies, or make your porridge. It’s yummy!)
- Place extra desiccated coconut in a bowl. Roll the mixture into balls with your hands and roll in the coconut and place on a plate or in a tupawear.
- Place in a fridge or freezer, or eat straight away!
You can add into your mixture: cashews & cranberries / mint leaves and more coco / orange zest and juice / pumpkin seeds and goji berries / mix it up yourself!